The boys, the chicken and the world!

The boys, the chicken and the world!
Keep "chickin" in regularly to keep up with the chicken's adventures

Friday, October 12, 2007

Matt's Thoughts About School

Matt spent about a week and a half attending 4th grade in Mrs. Egli’s class at Margaretta Carey Elementary School here in Waverly, Iowa. Our special thanks to Mrs. Egli, her class, and the entire school for making Matt feel so welcome. Here are some of Matt’s thoughts about his time at school, in no particular order:

School was fun, and I enjoyed having two recesses again (thank you, Carey Elementary staff!).

Recess: I liked playing soccer at recess, but I wish it was a bit more organized like during PE.

Lunch: The food is good – a lot better than my school’s at home. But couldn’t the lunch lady leave the lights on when we’re talking too much?!


Math: Go, algebra! I learned a few things that I had never known (thank you, Mrs. Egli!). I learned that if you correctly simplify algebra, it will turn into an upside down pyramid.

Reading: I liked the mini-books, and I really liked “free” reading.

Science: The thing I liked about science is that we got to watch tv for homework! [Weather Report]

Art: I liked doing the watercolor paintings.

Music: It reminded me of singing and playing drums at my school at home with Jah’Breeze.

I liked that the school day was longer, but not TOO much. [8:25 – 3:10]

There are a few people of color, but not very many – I’d like to see more in Iowa. It made me miss my friends in Seattle, especially from our Rainier Beach neighborhood.

I really liked having the field trip while I was there. We went to the Bremer County Historical Museum. The ghost story was cool, but I didn’t believe it. I liked the war room.

I’m glad I met Mrs. Egli at church. Otherwise I would never have gone to school and met so many new friends.

Where's the chicken?!

No comments: